Wednesday 22 July 2015

The storms unknown

The wild, west wind, we learnt in school, blew and brought along many changes. Storms come unannounced, causing massive destruction before they are gone and then nothing stays the same ever. Sometimes the storm is needed,even Shelley admits to the fact that the west wind destroyed everything in its course of blowing, yet it made way for the new and the fresh to come to life. Storms pass but not without teaching us, although leaving us lamenting over the loss. 
It is one stormy affair - life! It engulfs you. 
Yet it leaves me with some truths unfathomable. Seeking answers has never been easy, the harder you try, the farther you are from the truth. 
Then the storm goes away, leaving behind silence, a dreadful silence but it leaves a storm within me - conflicting ends, a thought contrasting a want, a wish contrasting a reality, a desire contrasting a will, and I am torn between what I were and what I have come to become. I often wait for it to settle down but I don't realize it can be stirred again with the slightest of touch, creating a storm, volatile in nature.
Eventually it wreaks havoc, such a havoc where I'm unable to recognize my own self.
That's why they say, storms come unannounced, causing massive destruction before they are gone and then nothing stays the same ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment