Wednesday 22 July 2015

Purging the ephemeral

I always used to take life as it is,absorbed by the mundanity of it, yet planning ahead as far as my mind could take me. I somehow enjoyed the gaeity of one huge happy family, the fun of being one among the crowd. Life seemed to just go on as usual, and I had no role to play in the course of life. Soon everything just seemed to disappear slowly, a lot stopped mattering any more and I suddenly felt quite strange, quite unlike me and yet a lot like me. I realized many things, one of it being the fact that you stay the same person, the inherent qualities remaining the same, but situations change your perception on several matters.
Life, as I often say, is a journey, something that gradually started sinking in. When I think of the most beautiful journey I had, I realized that the actual beauty was in not knowing what lay ahead, the unpredictability to an extent is what makes life beautiful. The same unpredictability ironically frightens me too, especially when I've lived through it. Faith is a very vital aspect of existence, it is something that breathes life in you when you are at the fag end of life, keeping you alive,reminding you the reason of your existence. I remember when I was there, climbing up those mighty mountains, I could feel my heart beat, feel myself alive as I had never felt before. Looking down from those heights, seeing the stream flow into a river, hear the sound of gushing water and then looking up at the wide sky extending all over me, feeling the clouds closer than I could have ever imagined was frightening because it made me completely aware of myself, of how I am just a tiny, miniscule part of a vast universe. It was faith that kept me alive, as it has always. 
This long journey, involves a lot of travelling, a lot of searching, a lot of experiencing and moreover a lot of learning.
Life gives me opportunities to believe in dreams, and faith makes it possible to live those dreams. Certain things take so long to develop and require efforts to sustain while other phenomenon are so effortless and easy, so natural like the flow of water, the merging of the rivers into sea, like that is the only way to be. The moment I started looking at life as a journey, a lot changed, for the better, I learnt to let go of certain things and hold on to certain things. Eventually it is moments that make life,not the breaths I take. The ability to feel and think is what makes me, me.There is a lot to thank God for, the blossoming flowery path as well as the dry and arid path with boulders and rubble because that is when my faith is tested the most. I travel, thus, sometimes coming to a fork,deciding which path to choose, treading along, discovering all that life has to offer, sometimes through dark passages, sometimes through roller-coaster rides, alone and yet not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment