Wednesday 22 July 2015

Pondering

I often wonder if the choices I made were right after all? Most of the times they seem to be fine and I seem to be content enough for making those choices. However there are some moments, some situations that arise out of the blue and make me question myself whether whatever I did was wrong?  Then I almost believe it to be a wrong choice and then after a while, rethink over it....
I remember as a kid mom used to read out stories to me, one of the stories that I remember too well as it was read out to me several times by mom and my teacher at school and which I read myself too was the story of the shepherd who cried 'wolf'. What I and, I guess everyone remembers most vividly is the fact that when the real wolf came and the shepherd cried for help, there was nobody paying heed to him. Isn't that what happens in reality too? When you put up with lies time and again, you start finding the truth also to be a lie. 
I remember hearing mom say you can never impose love. It is something that happens and when it happens, it happens inevitably, capturing you. She always said whenever people you love wander off to the wrong path, you warn them, you stop them and if they still continue taking steps ahead in the same direction, you leave them on their own. If they love you, they shall come back to you and if they don't come back, they never loved you. Funny as it sounds, the people I loved always came back, got caught by wanderlust and were off for a while, coming back again and going off again. I wonder what is that called!?! 
....so when I ponder over the appropriateness of the choices I made, all I think is - be it truth or no truth, it shall always be a lie to me

No comments:

Post a Comment